Here are some great resources that I would like to share with you!
- Of course, Intuitive Eating by Tribole & Resch is a must have! There also is an Intuitive Eating Workbook that may be helpful for you.
- The official Intuitive Eating website has a summary of the principles which you may find useful.
- I am the moderator of the Intuitive Eating Community Forum. Please consider joining our wonderful and supportive group!
- The book Almost Anorexic by Thomas & Schaefer includes an Eating Attitudes Test screener (EAT-26). This screener made me realize that I needed help. I also wrote an article about this experience called “Almost In Denial“. You may want to consider doing the screener if you think you might have disordered eating or an eating disorder. It’s not limited to anorexia, so don’t let the book title fool you!
- Health At Every Size by Linda Bacon is a wonderful resource to accompany the IE book.
- Mirror Mirror is a great website with tons of information about eating disorders including statistics, asking for help, and recovery for both women and men.
- I am a huge fan of meditation and incorporate it into my intuitive eating. I absolutely love Headspace‘s website and app! If you want to learn more about this, I wrote about how I blended Headspace’s meditation techniques with IE.
- If you are into documentaries, I thoroughly enjoyed Taryn Brumfitt’s Embrace.
- If podcasts are more your thing, here are some that the IE community listens to on a regular basis: Life. Unrestricted.,Food Psych Podcast, Love Food Podcast, Nutrition Matters Podcast, Psychology of Eating Podcast, and Cake Doesn’t Count.
- I am on various social media sites including YouTube, Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook, and Instagram. I’d love for you to follow me and have easy access to my content!
You’ve made it this far. Now subscribe for regular updates. It’s easy! And you get a FREE Intuitive Eating quiz when you sign up!